The primary function of the Building Inspector / Code Enforcement Officer is to insure the health and safety through enforcement of federal, state and municipal regulations. These regulations are used to establish minimum standards of Town development, insure safety of use, protect property values and assist in the overall design of the community. Development plans are submitted and reviewed for consistency with regulations in accordance with established procedures.
When plan reviews and approvals are final, then permits are issued to allow construction or alterations to proceed. Field visits and scheduled inspections are conducted to monitor conformance of various stages of construction with approved plans. Final compliance inspections signal the end of the construction process for new or renovated projects. Occupancy permits are then issued.
Permit Fee Schedules
Building Permits Fees:
- Residential and Commercial is $3.00 per every thousand dollars of the construction cost. Permit fee shall not exceed $1,500.00.
- Permit renewal fee is $50.00.
- Minimum permit fee is $25.00.
Manufactured Home Park Permit Fees:
- Single wide home is $50.00.
- Double wide home is $100.00.
Demolition Permit Fees:
- Residential is $50.00.
- Commercial is $100.00.
Planning and Zoning Board Public Hearings Fees:
- Minor is $150.00 for yard setbacks, signs, site plan reviews, special exception uses, variances, etc.
- Major is $500.00 for commercial and residential development.
Town of Newfane Building Inspector/Code Enforcement Office
2737 Main Street
Newfane, NY 14108
P: 716.778.8531 ext 5
Planning Board Meetings are held on the third Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Requests must be submitted to the Building Inspector 14 days prior to the meeting.
Zoning Board of Appeals Meetings are held on the first Monday of every month at 7 p.m. All requests must be submitted to the Building Inspector 14 days prior to the meeting.